Thursday, March 29, 2007


pandan cake

Why?
1.LR doesn't really like cupcakes or muffins. He prefers airy cakes like pandan cakes.
2.I spotted some un-used pandan leaves in my fridge.
3.Green is my favourite colour!

Any excuse to bake in my kitchen :)

Failure:
In the midst of weighing, mixing and stirring, I couldn't find my pandan essence. It was an optional item on the recipe, but it did say that it would result in a very pale green colour(mine came out just yellow, as seen from above). I also killed my food processor. I was blending my pandan leaves with the tool and it suddenly 'smoked' and died. Thank God it managed to cough up 2 pathetic tsp of pandan juice. Honestly in the end, the pandan in the cake was almost non-existent. I, in fact made a butter sponge cake.

P/S: My pandan essence was found in my mom's place. We did grocery shopping together and it was left in her bags.

Success:
It had an almost 'juicy' but not wet bite to the cake. Somehow, it was still air-y and light. I liked it alot. Most pandan cakes that are sold commercially tend to be very dry. So I was pleasantly surprised by the contrast.

No comments: