Wednesday, March 28, 2007




Fresh Pasta

Why?
LR gave me a pasta machine as a Christmas present last year and of course I have to put it to good use :) And one of my occasional nothing-better-to-do-but-just-go-to-Phoon Huat- trips, I saw Semolina flour and bought a packet of it as I sort of remembered reading from somewhere that it makes yummy fresh pasta, so just bought it for an in- case- I-am -in-the-mood- to make pasta moment in the kitchen.

Success:
It was so much fun!!! I searched the internet for usage of Semolina flour and pasta, found a receipe for Ravioli, but I didn't have any stuffing, so decided to just make simple Fetcuccine. I am definitely getting my girfriends over to make some fresh pasta in future.

Failure:
I think the Semolina flour I bought was a quite coarse. I might need to stick to Italian 00 flour or hunt for a finer semolina flour.

No comments: