Wednesday, January 17, 2007


what's left salad

why? :

The birth of this salad is the consequence of making the chocolate brulee (see last post). I had to use 16 egg yolks for the dessert and I didn't want to throw away all the egg white. So I decided to scramble the egg whites on top of the salad. The strips of meat were left over from yesterday's roast chicken dinner. Ok, least you start to think that the greens are left overs too and cheapen the dish through and through. I better qualify that the greens are bought the morning itself and it's a mix of spinach and rocket.

Success:

I didn't waste food!! You can't go wrong with salad and the thought of eating egg whites in such a huge quantity put me in this Hollywood mood. For those who don't know, many many celebs eat egg whites and swear by it in their diet :) So much for left overs!

Failures:

Can't think of any!

No comments: