Wednesday, January 17, 2007




flour crusted chicken

Success:

I love surprises! And watching people being surprised too.. LR and myself invited some guest over for dinner and what better way to begin the evening than with a surprise? To be honest, I was quite worried myself when the ugly block of baked flour sat in the middle of the table. Even though I knew what was inside, the anxiety of what it would actually look like and whether it would be cooked developed into a suspense building surprise for me too. When the chicken was let loose..my sense of smell was gently tickled by the steamy aroma of sage and lemon. The meat was so tender and I loved the texture of the meat which reminded me of stewed chicken without the thick gravy.

Failure:

The taste was very subtle and I actually did enjoy the change of not having flavours robbing of the natural taste of chicken meat. If I do decide to make this dish again, I would definitely season the bird with more salt or whip up a complementary gravy.

2 comments:

blinkingredlight said...

vanna, is this an ang moh recipe? seems similar to the beggar's chicken thinggy i ate in hongkong, in a chinese restaurant.... *slurp*

vaax said...

HEY!!!

Hahaha I finally got down to updating my blog and you are offically crowned my biggest and possibly only fan!! It's a Jamie's recipe actually, so definitely ang moh! The beggar chicken is wrapped in clay but mine is flour!