Wednesday, January 17, 2007


chocolate brulee

Why? : (decided that this is important too)

I'm not a fan of cream brulee, but after watching Jamie teach the kids how to make this dessert on one of his school dinners episode and how it made every child in the room laugh and smile to themselves and licking every bit of the dessert, I told myself 'I want to make people smile too!'

Success:

Looks like a giant cream brulee!

Failure:

I forgot to buy small individual glasses or containers and had to settle for a big Pyrex dish. So what happened was that while serving the dessert the middle part didn't firm up enough so it flowed... sigh. But thank God for microwaves as a few minutes in the amazing machine did it! Whew... However with this dish I'm not so sure if I want to make it again. Firstly, it's got gigantic amounts of sugar and egg yolks(16 in total). Secondly, if anything is chocolate, it has to be dark, but it's probably not possible with this dish as heart-stopping amount of double cream and yolks would make the darkest chocolate undark ...

No comments: