Thursday, November 02, 2006


honey wholemeal bread rolls

Success:
The first bread I baked, that is like bread! My previous attempts resulted in either too heavy, too yeasty tasting or didn't rise bread. I toasted the rolls for breakfast and smeared on cream chesse, and the honey from the bread and rustic texture of the oats and wholemeal made my breakfast this morning so special and gasp! Complete. I'm all ready to be geared up for work :)

Failure:
I didn't read the recipe clearly and I was actually suppose to let flour, yeast and honey to triple in size after proving before adding in all the other recipes. I will definitely attempt to bake this again and hope after this lesson there'll be more fluff in the rolls. Also, since the bread used very little oil, I should flour the baking sheet more as the rolls were quite reluctant to leave the sheet.

No comments: