Tuesday, October 03, 2006


basil with minced pork

I went to the nursery on Sunday and bought a Thai basil plant for only $5! I figured even if the plant dies after a week and I cooked at least 2 dishes with the leaves I would definitely still have been justified buying the plant (as cold storage sells a small packet for about $2 ). So of course I had to put my new plant to good use and decided to try making this dish. I tried it the last time with chicken and without fish sauce ( I know that's bad... Thai food without fish sauce is like bangkok without shopping!)

Success:
It was fabulous! The funny thing was, I really didn't have a recipe to follow and I cooked with 'natural talent'? Haha... and it was so yummy... So I reflected on this and thought about how sometimes in life we have a plan and we hope that it turns out well, but sometimes things go wrong and we go back to the plan and try to troubleshoot. The problem is we can get so caught up with our mistakes that we don't move on. For me, life is the same, we try to control life with plans and yet we get disappointed when it doesn't go according to plan. And when we don't have a plan, it can turn out fabulous and more often than not way beyond out expectations. What I'm trying to say is, maybe we don't know everything and we often don't plan for the best. Let's trust someone who knows.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

Jeremiah 29:11


I thank God that my plan is not always the best but His plans are and trusting in Him I will ever be satisfied :)

Failure:
none... Yippeeee

No comments: