Monday, October 02, 2006


banana honey bread

Success:
The bread rose and I did not kill the yeast! Was initially very worried and because I used up ALL the yeast I had at home, I almost made my LR run down to the stores to get me more.

Failure:
For some reason, bread recipes and me have not connected yet! Soldier on I tell myself. Firstly, after kneading the dough, it's not smooth like a baby's bum...hmmm.... I really don't know why but I know that hinders in the proving process as the cracks lets out the air early. Secondly, I couldn't divide the dough up equally and the result is very uneven looking bread rolls! Should I weigh them individually like BreadTalk? Way to much work.. leave it looking 'homemade' is probably the lazy option! Haha... Lastly, I need to flour my baking sheet A LOT more, as when I drizzle the honey over the bread, they streak down by the sides and stick to the sheet after being baked. So my LR had to manually peel of the paper, very unprofessional! Haha.... so definitely needs more tweaking once again :)

No comments: