Wednesday, January 09, 2008

french herb bread

minestrone soup

why?
Too many turkey bones which came from too many turkeys as a result of too many parties! It's either porridge or soup. We already had porridge twice from the stock, and I think it's time for variety within turkey bones of course. Such irony! Haha.. Oh and the bread was made because it rained :)
success?
I really didn't have a recipe and I pretty much threw into the stock whatever I could find in the kitchen coupled with vague past experiences of drinking minestrone. So what did I find and add?

Ingredients

Turkey bones
Celery, 4 stalks, diced
Carrots, 2 medium, diced
White onion, 1 large, diced
Pasta, given to me by Weilong / Jeffery from their Standard Chartered Marathon
Tinned whole tomatoes, squashed with a fork
Tomato ketchup, 3 tablespoons
Fresh rosemary and dill (from my balcony garden)
Salt and pepper to taste.


Basically, I just boiled the bones for about an hour, added the celery, carrots, onions and herbs to bring to a boil and lowered the heat to simmer for another hour. Next, add the tomatoes, ketchup and salt and pepper to taste. Finally, according to the time it takes the pasta to cook, add a cup in before serving. I sprinkled some parmesan cheese for richness.
failure?
LR's mom said it was not sour enough. I guess if I had fresh tomatoes I would add them in and that should help to make the soup more sourer. I checked allrecipes.com and most recipes suggest adding tomato paste as well.

No comments: