Sunday, December 23, 2007

Mommy

" Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severly, if anything but death seperates you and me"
Ruth 1:16-17

The book of Ruth is close to my heart, because everytime I read it, I am struck by how the relationship between Ruth and Naomi is so similar to mine and my mom's. My mom's life was never easy like Naomi, through it all, as mother and daughter, we clung on to each other. It was not just each other that we clung on to, we clung on to God together to find much joy through the sufferings.

On the 8th of November 2007, we were seperated. On that day, God decided that it's about time that I continue my journey on earth without clinging on to my mom. It was, is and will be tough to manage, but I place my hope in the God that I cling on to and I know He never leaves nor forsake me.

No comments: