Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Carrot Cake
why?

I wanted to make something to bless my classmates at YWAM(Youth With a Mission) and of course an excuse to bake. Why not? Haha

failure?

I should try to make my cakes thicker like those sold in the shops. Purely asethetic :)

success?

Wow, even I was surprised at how moist and yummy this cake came out! I should have baked more. I baked 2, stored 1 in the freezer, took it out a week later, thaw and heated it in the microwave for 2 minutes, and amazingly, it was still 'juicy'. This one is a keeper, so here is the recipe that I tweaked a little from allrecipes.com.

recipe...

Ingredients

4 eggs
177ml vegetable oil
118 apple sauce
200g white sugar
200g brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp ground cinnamon
330g grated carrots
120g chopped pecans
1 can of crushed pineapples (drain out the liquid and use a food processor to blend briefly)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Grease flour and pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white and brown sugar and 2 tsp of vanilla.
3. Mix in flour, baking soda and powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. Stir in carrots and pineapples.
5. Fold in pecans and pour in the pan.
6. Bake for 40-50min. Cool in a pan for 10min and then unto a rack to cool completely.

Frosting

1. Beat -
115g of butter, 225g of cream cheese, 300g icing sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla.

No comments: