Tuesday, September 11, 2007


Lurve Lunchbox
why?
I remembered when I was in JC, I chanced upon a lunchbox that my friend's mother prepared for her. The first reaction I had was awe. I would have never imagined such a beautiful sight in my school canteen! But then my second reaction or transformation took over , I somehow just could not bring myself to join in the chorus of "wows" that the lunchbox drew. I became a green-eyed monster. I was really jealous! I wanted to be the person at the receiving end of so much love and affection. I eventually got over it of course, but today as I was packing in the Sushi and Inari I made into the lunchboxes for LR and my mom, when I remembered the JC friend incident, it wasn't that I was hoping that people seeing the lunchboxes would be envious of LR or my mom, but rather what hit me was that as the person preparing the lunchbox, I could experience much joy and thanksgiving. I am just so grateful that I have people that I love so much, that I can give to :) Now I know why our God gives us so much to His people, because He loves us deeply and it brings Him joy to give.
failure?
I wish I could prepare more so that I could give to ALL the people that I love!
success?
I learnt that in giving, I receive as well.
"Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you"
NIV Bible
"Give your life away; you'll find life given bck, but not merely given back - given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity"
Eugene H Peterson from The Message: The Bible in Contemporary Lanaguage
Luke 6:38

No comments: