Monday, June 25, 2007


Mexican Affair

why?
My best meal during my honeymoon was Mexican food at Lake Tahoe. I was blown away by the freshly baked warm tortillas, the combination of lucious gucamole, nachos dipped with tangy salsa and the most amazing fruit chutney with grilled meat. I lost count at the number of times I ate at a mexican joint during my honeymoon. I ate mexican for supper in LA and mexican again for quick bites at the airport during flight transfers. By the end of my honeymoon, I was already conspiring in my mind how I would be able to convice LR that the destination for our 2nd honeymoon MUST be Mexico!!

failure?
Haha.... I cheated. I bought this Tortilla pack from the supermarket to re-create my Mexican fest. The pack came with the tortillas, marinade and salsa. I had to buy the fresh ingredients like avocado, tomatoes, tasty cheese, chicken and lettuce.

success?
It brought back wonderful memories of my honeymoon and the mexican food. Of course, it was no where near what I had tasted in Lake Tahoe. But it really did not matter, to me the meal was as good as all the supposedly more authentic mexican restaurants I went to in Singapore.

1 comment:

Mel said...

one more ingredient: beans

either refried beans, black beans or normal beans i guess