Tuesday, January 06, 2009

chicken goulash
why?
I have recently been converted into a paprika fanatic! Last week after lunch, I walked passed a shop selling spices by weight. You don't see that too often these days, I couldn't help but walk in and walk out with 50cents worth of paprika and after that is done, I'm definately going back to try the other spices. I looked up the internet and decided to make goulash since I had some baguette left over. However, LR's mom does not take beef which is the usual main ingredient. So I decided to 'improvise' :)

success?
I was yummy!! A little spicy but I like!

failure?
The taste isn't as robust as Hungarian Goulash, but I would think that not using beef would have that effect. The taste is more subtle and in fact using chicken brought the paprika from a supporting role in the dish to the lead role! So even in seeming failures something good does emerge!

No comments: